MOL concludes charter agreement for LNG Carrier with an Energy Major

escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

MOL concludes charter agreement for LNG Carrier with an Energy Major

Unread post by escveritas »

28 Oct 2022

In 3Q 2022, Mitsui O.S.K. Lines, Ltd.("MOL") and an Energy Major ("Charterer") signed a multi-year contract to charter a newbuild LNG Carrier.

The vessel to be built by DSME is fitted with the most modern ME-GA engine and sized at 174,000 m3. She is able to operate globally serving the main LNG terminals. Latest ME-GA engine technology provides lower emissions compared to previous generation vessels. ME-GA vessels are equipped with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) system that reduces methane slip while improving overall fuel consumption. Furthermore, the vessel is equipped with additional functions, Air Lubrication System and Shaft Generator, which together reduce CO2 emissions from the vessel during operation. The vessel will be delivered in 2026 to augment the Charterer's LNG fleet.

Vessel particulars:
  • Length overall 294.9 m
  • Breadth 46.4 m
  • Cargo tank capacity 174,000 m3
  • Main engine ME-GA
  • Shipbuilder DSME
  • Delivery 2026
Air Lubrication System:
The efficiency-promoting technology by reducing the resistance between the ship's hull and seawater using air bubbles

Shaft Generator:
The generators driven by main engines, which enables diesel generators onboard to get turned off while the main engines are running, resulting in reducing fuel/gas consumption

MOL is a multimodal transport group that meets diverse transport needs with one of the world's largest merchant fleets and a comprehensive approach to safety. To further contribute to economic growth, the MOL Group works toward its ideal on the global stage: becoming an excellent and resilient company that leads the worldwide shipping industry.

For the next generation on board this planet, the MOL Group will work collaboratively with our partners and stakeholders with creativity and flexibility to resolve environmental issues. We will continue to provide solutions for issues of high importance such as the preservation of the marine environment, protection of biodiversity and prevention of air pollution, and in order to tackle climate change with utmost urgency, the MOL Group will make a concerted effort to achieve net zero GHG emissions by 2050. With these contributions for the sustainable development of our society and the preservation of nature, from the blue oceans, we sustain people's lives and ensure a prosperous future.

Return to “Shipping”