Bluewhale I

escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

Bluewhale I

Unread post by escveritas »

CIMC Raffles and CNOOC secures drilling contract with Bluewhale Ⅰ

Release time:2019-05-07

Bluewhale Offshore, a subsidiary of CIMC Raffles, is pleased to confirm that it has signed a two year contract with CNOOC, commencing April 2019, for its flagship ultra-deepwater, 7th generation drilling unit Bluewhale I.

Bluewhale Offshore President Jingsheng Xu said: "we are pleased to have this contract confirmed and wish the crews of Bluewhale I and CNOOC good fortune and safe operations."

escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

Re: Bluewhale I

Unread post by escveritas »

Bluewhale I - Completion of Drilling of LS17-2

Bluewhale Offshore is pleased to announce that Bluewhale I has accomplished her mission of LS17-2 for CNOOC on April 16 2021; and arrived in Yantai CIMC-Raffles on May 4 2021.

Bluewhale I has overcome many challenges such as complicated geological structure, ultra-deep water and climate changes like harsh typhoons to complete 5 exploration wells, 9 development wells with drilling, 11 development wells with completion; and finally submitted a perfect performance to the clients about 200 days ahead of schedule.

The 7th generation Ultra-Deepwater drilling unit, Bluewhale I is able to operate in a water depth of 3,658 meters and has a drilling depth capability of up to 15,240 meters with dual towers.

Bluewhale Offshore’s President Jingsheng Xu said: “LS17-2 is the first wholly-owned Deepwater gas project in China, with annual production of 3 billion cubic meters, or about 1.6% of China’s total domestic gas production.” It is our honor to participate in this project, and Bluewhale is looking forward to have more cooperation with CNOOC in the future.

Return to “Bluewhale Offshore”