Yavuz (fka. Deepsea Metro I)

escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

Yavuz (fka. Deepsea Metro I)

Unread post by escveritas »

Golden Close Maritime Corp. announced the sale of their only drilling rig, the Deepsea Metro I, to an Asian buyer.

The drillship, built in 2011 by Hyundai Heavy Industries and managed by Odfjell Drilling, has been warm stacked in Malaysia since 2017 after seeing its most recent contract in disputed waters offshore Vietnam cut short due to force majeure. Since then, the rig has been a primary transaction candidate.

Although the buyer isn’t confirmed, it’s likely to be Turkish Petroleum (TPAO). TPAO acquired the Deepsea Metro I’s sister rig, Deepsea Metro II, (now called Fatih) in November 2017.

Golden Close Maritime is 100% owned by Deep Sea Metro Ltd, a JV between Metro Exploration Holding Corp (60%) and Odfjell Offshore (40%), a subsidiary of Odfjell Drilling. Odfjell Drilling is the manager of the drillship.

The drillship was delivered from Hyundai Heavy Industries in South Korea on 22 June 2011 and commenced its contract with BG in Tanzania on 26 December 2011. The Tanzanian's contract ended in November 2014. In August 2015, the drillship commenced contract with Vietgazprom until January 2016. In April 2016, the Drillship was awarded a contract with Petronas comprises 1 well and 4 optional wells with estimated duration of 60 to 70 days scheduled to commence in late June or early July 2016.

Return to “Türkiye Petrolleri Anonim Ortaklığı (TPAO)”