escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

[Brazil] Petrojarl 1

Unread post by escveritas »

PETROJARL I FPSO SUCCESSFULLY ACHIEVES FIRST OIL

May 10, 2018

Production on Petrojarl I has Officially Commenced
The FPSO unit successfully completed its acceptance test and commenced its five-year charter contract with a consortium led by Queiroz Galvão Exploração e Produção SA (QGEP) on the Atlanta oil field, which is the FPSO units tenth field over its lifetime.

The upgraded FPSO unit is designed to operate at water depths of up to 1,550 meters, with a production capacity of 30,000 barrels of oil per day and daily compression capacity of 225,500 cubic meters of gas.

The startup of the Petrojarl I FPSO expands our presence in the fast-growing Brazilian offshore market where we now own and operate a total of five FPSO units.

escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

Re: Petrojarl 1

FPSO PETROJARL I FOR THE ATLANTA FIELD

February 25, 2015

Petrojarl I FPSO will be used as an early production system (EPS) unit on the Atlanta field

Last December, Teekay Offshore entered into an agreement with a consortium led by Queiroz Galvão Exploração e Produção SA (QGEP) to provide a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) unit for the Atlanta field located in the Santos Basin offshore Brazil. Petrojarl I will be used for the Atlanta project. The Atlanta field is a heavy crude oil field located north in the Santos Basin. It is estimated that the field contains approximately 190 million recoverable barrels and has a production life in excess of 15 years. QGEP is the Operator of the field and an independent upstream oil and gas company.

Since the delivery in 1986, various oil companies have contracted the ship for oil production. The field locations have been in the British and Norwegian sectors of the North Sea. The variety in field conditions (flow rates, flow composition, water depth etc.) illustrates the flexibility of the system. Over the years, Petrojarl I has demonstrated indisputable reliability, with an average production regularity between 96 and 99 %.

Teekay’s Original FPSO Sails Away for its 12th Field Deployment

The Petrojarl I FPSO has now sailed-away from the Aibel AS shipyard in Norway and is en route to the Atlanta Field, which is located 185 kilometers offshore from the coast of Brazil. Once the unit arrives at the field, it will undergo field installation and testing prior to commencing its five-year charter contract with a consortium led by Queiroz Galvão Exploração e Produção SA (QGEP), which is expected to occur in the latter part of the first quarter of 2018.
escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

Re: Petrojarl 1

Enauta announced on 19 January 2022 that they have signed the extension of the charter and Operation & Maintenance (O&M) contracts of the FPSO Petrojarl I for the Atlanta Field Early Production System (“EPS”).

The contracts will have an additional duration of up to two years, changing their expiration date from May 2023 to May 2025. The cost for adapting the unit will be $30 million.

The extension is conditional on obtaining a DNV (Det Norske Veritas) Certificate, to be issued before the end of the current contract.

“This new deadline promotes the operational continuity of the Atlanta Field and may allow the temporary and simultaneous operation of the SPA and the Definitive System, if sanctioned, optimizing the time to transfer wells from FPSO Petrojarl I to the new Definitive System FPSO. Another gain from the extension is the maintenance of Atlanta’s operational cash flow for more than a year, since production interruption between the end of the SPA and the start of operation of the SD can be avoided. In addition, the expanded water treatment capacity will reduce future constraints on the existing production plant,” commented Enauta COO, Carlos Mastrangelo.

Production is scheduled to be interrupted for 35 days to perform maintenance on equipment that needs to be shut down. We are still working so that these activities are executed concurrently with the periodic shutdowns established by the Ministry of Labor, thus reducing the need for additional shutdowns.

Return to “Altera Infrastructure (Teekay Offshore)”