McDermott Awarded EPFC Contract for Storage Tanks in Canada

escveritas
Site Admin
Singapore

McDermott Awarded EPFC Contract for Storage Tanks in Canada

Unread post by escveritas »

• McDermott's CB&I Storage Solutions to provide engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction for 14 flat-bottom atmospheric storage tanks
  • Continues strong track record of executing storage projects in the country
  • Tanks are part of Trans Mountain Expansion Project
HOUSTON, July 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- McDermott International Ltd. today announced CB&I Storage Solutions has been awarded a large* contract by a major EPC contractor for the engineering, procurement, fabrication and construction (EPFC) of 14 tanks in Burnaby, British Columbia. The tanks are part of the Trans Mountain Expansion Project, which will increase the nominal capacity of the Trans Mountain Pipeline System from 300,000 to 890,000 barrels of oil per day.

The scope of the contract includes 14 flat-bottom atmospheric storage tanks of various sizes up to 185 feet (56.4 meters) in diameter. The engineering and installation of the tanks will be performed by Canadian workers.

"This award demonstrates the confidence major international contractors place in our world-class storage and EPFC solutions," said Cesar Canals, Senior Vice President of CB&I Storage Solutions. "For more than a century, CB&I Storage Solutions has maintained a strong track record of execution excellence in Canada."

The award will be reflected in McDermott's second quarter 2020 backlog.

*McDermott defines a sizeable contract as between USD $50 million and $250 million.

CB&I Storage Solutions is the world's leading designer and builder of storage facilities, tanks and terminals. With more than 59,000 structures completed throughout its 130-year history, CB&I Storage Solutions has the global expertise and strategically-located operations to provide its customers world-class storage solutions for even the most complex energy infrastructure projects.

Return to “EPCI”